Climax is one of the leading creative lights of independent games development with an outstanding line of top published titles. It truly is an exciting and inspiring place to work in the heart of Gunwharf Quays, at our harbour side studio in Portsmouth, England.
We are looking for an experienced and multi-talented Environment Artist with the ability to conceive, create and contribute to the team creating innovative experiences via artistic visuals. Proven experience in generating a diverse range of styles, technical expertise with current gen’ technology and / or illustration skills are certainly of benefit.
- Take ownership of an entire level and see it through from conception to a high quality, Beta finish
- Help concept and visualise environments via 2D and or 3D means
- To help conceive and effectively demonstrate creative and stylised artworks
- Critique and iterate in a group
- Follow and recreate established art styles
- Reliably demonstrate an aptitude for the platform technology, asset discipline and pipeline processes
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Creative and self motivated
- Worked on at least one released AAA title
- Illustrative / concept skills
- Strong and versatile modelling skills
- Experience using Maya
- Extremely quality oriented
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- An artistic education to at least graduate level
- Experience using Unreal 3 – 4
- Technical Prowess with real-time shader creation
- Successfully worked with iterative development and rapid game play prototyping
- Console development experience
Get In Touch!
Please send a current CV/ resume to Stuart Godfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org