Date of Last Revision: 8 November 2016
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, Climax Studios Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
By accessing the Game or the Site you authorise us to collect, store, access, transfer and use your information as described in this Policy. We may make changes to this Policy in future, which will be posted on this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes. Where appropriate we may notify you of changes by email or through the Game or Site.
1. PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
1.1 Data you supply (“Submitted Information”) includes:
1.1.1 We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address) whenever you contact or make a purchase from us, register an account with us, submit material through a form, or via a service, in our Game or on our Site.
1.1.2 We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you voluntarily supply it through our Game or Site. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose explained to you when you supply it.
1.2 Data we collect includes:
1.2.2 Our Game or Site may also collect information which you make available to us and which is stored on your device, or in your Steam account, or your Facebook or other social media profiles, including contact information, images, video or other digital content such as records of your gameplay (“Content Information”).
1.2.3 When you install, uninstall or update our Game, a unique application number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
2.1 We will use your personal data for the purposes described to you at the time your data were obtained, and for the following purposes:
2.1.1 Submitted Information: to help us identify you and to open, run and monitor any accounts you hold with us; administration; to process your orders and enquiries; to monitor any material you contribute through our Site or Game; and to send you information about our Game and Site.
2.1.2 Analytics: to understand how, and how often, users play our Game and use our Site, and to help us improve them.
2.1.3 Content Information: to allow you to share your gameplay with other users and your friends.
2.2 We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined. We will only use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2.3 From time to time we also monitor and record telephone calls and online chat functionality for training purposes and to improve the service to you.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
3.1 We may disclose some or all of the data we collect from you when you download or use the Game or our Site:
Category of data Recipient and Purpose
Submitted Information We may share your name and email address with the email service providers we use to keep you updated with news about our Game and Site.
Analytics Our Game integrates with Game Analytics to collect information about the way you use it for example it may collection information about the systems that you use to access our Game and Site, your internet service provider, and the actions you take when playing our Game. You can find out more about the way Game Analytics uses this information here: http://www.gameanalytics.com/privacy, and we only use this data to improve our Game.
Content Information and Submitted Information We may share your profile information, and other content you submit or make available to us through the Game or Site with other users to enable you to post scores on a public leader-board, or to communicate with others through our forums.
3.2 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
3.3 We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
3.3.1 In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
3.3.2 If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
3.3.3 If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
3.3.4 In order to enforce or apply the terms of agreements between us, to investigate potential breaches, or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Game or Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
7. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Game or Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Certain features of our Game and Site enable social networking, messaging, publishing, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
9.1 If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that is incorrect please contact us as at email@example.com and we shall correct or remove the data as you request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you would like to receive a copy of the information we have about you, please note that an administration fee of £10 may be applicable.
10. We will usually inform you in advance if we intend to use your data, or to disclose it to any third party, for marketing purposes. If you prefer that we do not use your data in this way, let us know by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by checking boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
11. EXTERNAL WEBSITES
12. If you follow a link from our Game or Site to any third party websites or services, please note that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the collection, storage or use of personal data by those third parties, and you should check the applicable privacy policies before you submit any personal data to those websites or use these services.
Authentication To log you into our Site and Game and keep you logged in.
Preferences To remember information about you such as your preferred language and configuration.
Analytics To help us understand how you use our Game and Site, and how often, so we can improve them to deliver a better experience for our users.
To carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services.
Advertising To deliver ads which are more relevant to your interests, and to measure their performance.
13.4 Please note that, if you choose to disable cookies or similar technologies on your device, you may be unable to make full use of our Games and Sites.
13.5 We work with third parties who may also set cookies on our website, for example Google Analytics, Google, Game Analytics, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, which we use to display video content, enable social networking functionality and sharing, to deliver ads, and to monitor how visitors use our Games and Sites. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on your device. For further information please visit the website of the relevant third party.
14. ADVERTISEMENTS AND AD SERVING TECHNOLOGY
14.1 Please note that we use third party providers of adverts and the adverts’ content is provided by these third parties and not us. Examples of third party providers we may use from time to time are Flurry, AdMob, iAd and AdColony.