Climax is one of the leading creative lights of independent games development with an outstanding line of top published titles. It truly is an exciting and inspiring place to work in the heart of Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth Harbour, England.
The successful applicant will be a critical embedded member of the development teams. Reporting directly to the Executive Producer their primary task will be overseeing the QA across multiple VR/AR and console titles, building and managing bug databases, creating detailed QA reports and above all, acts as a champion for quality in the studio.
- Assist in the hiring and management of contract QA testers.
- Create test plans to facilitate the development teams.
- Providing weekly and daily QA reports.
- Understanding the products and the deliverables and how they impact the testing schedule.
- Communicating risks to the development team.
- Provide QA sign-off on milestone builds and release readiness.
- Assuring build stability and set up playable builds for the development and management teams.
- Be an advocate and voice for the quality of our experiences.
Required experience, skills and knowledge:
- At least 3 years QA experience in the games industry.
- A passion for games across multiple genres.
- Knowledge of all phases of game development.
- Bug management systems, bug tracking and bug reporting.
- MS Office applications and MS Windows.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable interfacing with all disciplines and seniority levels.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be able to provide qualitative feedback.
- Experience working in a fast paced production environment.
- A strong stomach for VR testing.
Get In Touch!
Please send a current CV/ resume to Stuart Godfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org